Friday, October 31, 2008

A love affair.

I've got to admit it. I'm having an affair. It started that day in New York, in September 1999. A friend was getting married and I was back in town, invited to the wedding as a friend and entertainer (maybe it was those sweet love songs that inspired me).

It was in the Meatpacking District. I was hooked by the style – stylish, simple and yet so passionate. And one thing led to another. You know how it is… But time passes and lovers turn into friends. Other lovers come and go and the years pass on…

And then it happened again. It's when you fall in love the second time that you're really hooked. This time it was in Göteborg, Sweden, and there was nothing I could do. The revival was total. Both of us had grown up a bit – I suppose that's what life's all about. We found each other yet again and this time there's no turning back. The love affair is a fact and I admit it.

Which is why I couldn't resist it. I know I shouldn't have, but here it is, my latest addition to my traveling kit. The bag. The myth. The magic. My love.

No comments: