Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another gadget.

I recently wrote about how to avoid buying unnecessary gadgets. Well, I recently made a trip to the Big Apple and guess what, I've bought THE completely unnecessary gadget: the iPad (or maxiPad as it is called by some). They're not yet on the market here in Sweden and I couldn't resist buying the upsized version of the iPhone.

It started the day after my arrival. I visited the 24/7 Apple Store on fifth avenue and quickly found out the new 3G version would be released at the end of the week and so decided to wait. The day after the release I went back. In store after store (there are four around Manhattan) they were sold out. Both versions. And after much discussion with the Apple people I decided not to buy the 3G version after all since nobody could promise it would work in Europe. Now I just had to find a place where they weren't sold out. The day same day I was scheduled for departure I found my iPad. In the store on fifth avenue where my search had started a week earlier.

After returning home yesterday we have now been introduced and slowly getting to know one another. The problem right now is how to buy apps since it doesn't connect to the Swedish iTunes. But after mirroring my iPhone apps, at least I've got started with Spotify and a few necessities.

So, here she is:

No comments: